Monday, June 25, 2018

Vintage Photography


My Favourite Museum Display


My favourite museum display is the cameras. Being a creative, I am very interested in photography and the history behind it. My love for cameras began when I was very young, first using disposable cameras, and then my first digital camera. Throughout the years I kept taking photos, and one day purchased my Nikon D3300 that I regularly shoot with. My interest in vintage cameras spiked when my great aunt gave me some of the ones she had. Ever since then I have been collecting them and itching to see more! One day, when I have the money to, I would love to get them fixed and working, so I could have the experience of using the earlier technology. I think it’s important for visitors to have a look at this section, some of the cameras date back to the late 1800s. It is absolutely mind-bending how we now can do everything digitally and have a preview of our photos before we print them. I often wonder what the original creators of this technology would think of what we have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Memories

Retta Thompson was a former resident of the T Eaton Co. house, currently located at the Kindersley and District Plains Museum, donated ...